Tuesday 30 December 2008

Please Pray for my Dad

If you know me you know I am not really close with my dad but I do know he has tried to keep the lines open with me over the years. I only talk to him once or twice a year so it's no wonder I didn't know he had an accident a few months ago. Apparently he was leaving Burger King and tripped on a rubber door stopper and fell. As usual it took him months to get checked out and realize there was a true problem. Yesterday he had surgery on his shoulder and is now facing several months of physical therapy and treatments. Obviously this will affect their family (my family) a lot as he is the primary breadwinner and has a wife and two daughters at home who are only 16 and 6 years old. I did call him in the hospital yesterday and he was in good spirits (probably the drugs) and kept "bragging" to the nurses that he was on the phone with his oldest daughter all the way in England. Since the surgery his heart rate has been elevated and with his age and diabetes there are always risks. So please keep him (Bill) his wife Darlene and my sisters Stevie and Abby (and Laura who is already grown) in your prayers.

0 comments: