Monday 5 January 2009

Week One Day One


Today went OKISH...we didn't get to everything I hoped and I gave up on my list an hour early but I still feel pretty good about our first day back.

Bible: Read Genesis chapter one and created a seven days notebook page

Habit of the Week: Prayer. We Read about Prayer and created an ACTS notebook sheet on prayer.

Math: Gryphen did two pages and Phoenix did four pages of level 1A math mammoth. I decided to start them both at the beginning so I could look for gaps and differences that would need to be addressed. For Tristan I started him in third grade because he has so many gaps and cultural differences in math that will need to be overcome. He did three and a half pages. It was really just review for all of them and for Phoenix it was way too simple but I am still glad we started this way.

Language Arts: since the books hadn't come in yet Phoenix worked on his letter to Alyssa. I think we will be working on it again tomorrow because he did very sloppy writing and she won't be able to read it. Gryphen and I did our first lesson in Sonlights "I can read"...by this time he was antsy and gave me some issues but he did ok...Tristan continued his math during this time.

Poetry: To Allison Cunningham From Her Boy

AO: How the Whale got its throat. (wasn't impressed with their narrations at all but they did ok with questions and answers, we will have to work on this)

Science: We are studying Whales and Dolphins this week and are creating our own "Great Big Book of Everything" Today we read the entry in Stanley's "Great Big Book of Everything" on Whales and Dolphins.

We didn't get around to Geography or Artist study but as we have flats to send out on Wednesday we will HAVE to do that tomorrow!!!

1 comments:

Amazing_Grace said...

It looks like you guys started off with a bang. Keep up the good work! :)