Saturday 7 February 2009

Loss of a friend

I found out this morning a friend of mine died of a heart attack. He was the manager of our bases BX and was from the same area of Georgia that my dad had lived in years ago. We used to sit around and have long talks about life in the south and life in general.

We had plans for this week. He wanted me to take him to the auction to look for clocks. He had called me on Tuesday but I was feeling so bad I kept the call really short and only confirmed our plans. Now he is gone. I am so shocked. I pray he was a Christian and hate myself for not being certain of that. Hate that I didn't take more time to talk to him when he called. The man has a wife, children, friends. He was a good man and a good friend. I will miss him.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I just found your link thru BATW - I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you to have comfort and peace. I am glad to have found you, and maybe it was meant that I found you today. Praying for you and your family...