Thursday 8 January 2009

Ch..Ch..Ch...Changes...

Well our first week of homeschooling was pretty much a failure. No seriously FAILURE! Our heating went out the same night that we started getting snow and ended up with two days on maintenance men in and out of our house...between this, our language arts books still not having arrived, and our printer without the ink necessary for printing math and notebooking pages we really just couldn't get off the ground. Today we didn't even make an attempt! I had a computer job to work on and then Rene and I took the boys to an antique auction and the commissary. And tomorrow isn't going to go anywhere either as I have to get my house back in shape from the movers, have an alterations job to finish, and have to pack for our families trip to Lakenheath this Sunday. We won't be back on Monday but hopefully by Tuesday we will have our language arts books and HOPEFULLY Lakenheath will have ink for my printer. So we can try to start school again.

I have however learned something very important from all of this! These boys are not the same as our older children and they require MUCH MUCH more work and effort in their schooling. With that being said I am placing an order with Winters Promise for the boys curriculum. I need something more laid out for a while and Winters Promise just really seems to be up our alley! We will still be using AO breaking up each weeks reading selections as our bedtime reading mainly because I really love LOVE LOVE AO's books, and will still be doing artist, composer and nature studies on Fridays. The thing is with having Winters Promise as our Core curriculum on days that I just can't lesson plan I can just pick up and go! So for the rest of this month we are dumping A LOT of our school work and going to just do our Bible and AO readings, Math (when we get the ink) and Language Arts. And will pick up the pace when our new AMAZING curriculum comes in!

1 comments:

Amazing_Grace said...

I'm so sorry that things are not working out. I hope it turns out better soon.

((hugs))